Nom Nom Nom.
Here's a shot of my second helping of my delicious homemade shepherd's pie with a glimpse of part of my 5head. so really, its' a shot of a 2head?
I know i have totally been MIA. mainly cause i'm super lazy. I mean i made super amazing slow cooked ribs yesterday that turned out amazing and i just ate them. the whole rack. myself. without blogging about it. maybe it's laziness? or maybe i am ashamed that i ate a whole rack by myself?..... NAH. it's laziness.
Anyway, today i got the urge to make some shepherd's pie, i had a bunch of little yukon golds sitting and probably rotting away, and i'm feeling for some comfort food, and this hit the spot.
Here's a quick recipe for people who dont follow recipes (IE ME), basically
1. cooked the potatoes til tender, mashed with grated cheese, butter and milk, and more cheese
2. sauteed ground beef, i like adding paprika to everything, salt and peppered it, onion and garlic seasoned it.3. added chopped shallots to beef. layered in casserole when done
4. sauteed chopped carrots, layered
5. sauteed peas and layered
6.sauteed corn and layered
7. poured gravy over everything
8. layered the potato mash and baked at 400 til i thought it was ready for me to eat.
9. Eat. for dinner. for lunch. for dinner. til done.
haha. i am the worst at instructions. but it was sooo good. i used packaged gravy, i am not above packaged gravy.